[Bf-committers] Re: Do release scripts automatically copy the logo.png from "blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx" ?

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Thu Jun 15 09:40:07 CEST 2006

Hi D.J.,

D.J. Capelis wrote:
> Lack of documentation is only one problem.  While it looks like that
> one's hopefully being resolved, it also seems that if there was some
> review to ensure that scripts meet the requirements to be accepted into
> the tree that would be a helpful thing.

There is a review, not exactly as you suggested (we need more structure
than that, even). Currently Letterrip, Campbell and I manage scripts as
time permits us (*). What we've discussed in meetings and would like to
have is a system where scripts would be tested at least on linux, win
and osx and conform to our basic guidelines, in particular good
documentation.

(*) As mentioned, this problem was an oversight (mine I thought, but
Letterrip disagrees :) ) and btw it seems it was only a single line
left-over. But if we consider that the actual testing system (in its
"informal" part) includes the other coders and users, the problem was
indeed caught before the release.

The issue: proper scripts organization (integration in Blender and error
reporting, good docs, heavily tested stability) is also part of the
bigger plan that starts with the API overhaul, so it's pending. It's
better to first update the API at once and then get script authors to
update for it according to well defined guidelines, checked by coders
and users at a forum.

So: the bpy and scripts teams are aware of the entropy issues and
fighting (again, as time and what goes on with Blender development
permit) to structure, update and upgrade things. Help always welcomed.
Just to make sure:

Not-offended-at-all-ly yours,

--
Willian