[Bf-committers] Re: freeze in game engine

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Thu Jun 15 01:44:44 CEST 2006

Le 15 juin 06 à 01:18, pspcontest at erwincoumans.com a écrit :

> Bad timing, not much development happened on the game engine last
> weeks.
> What testfiles are you exactly using? Do you have a URL?
> Those should work (URL is probably messed up by the email client):
> http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pub/test/index.php?dir=blender/
> &file=ph ysics_demos-2.42-preview24.zip
> http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pub/test/index.php?dir=blender/
> &file=gr aphics-demos-2.42-preview19.zip
> Do the latest COLLADA 1.4 script work for you? I tried on Python
> 2.3 (full installation of course) and it works under Windows.
> Thanks,
> Erwin
>
> Jean-Luc Peurière writes:
>> hi, i notice that when running test suite for engine, many demos
>> will  work correctly if loaded first, but that the engine will
>> freeze if  another blend was executed before. happy_2006-4 for
>> example. this bug is new, it was working perfectly last week Lukep

yep this suite. all suite tests work perfectly if first file. if
second file often a freeze. always in happy_2006-4

seems to be freeze of the physic part. i have to do a kill -9

As this is for RC, no debug information.

it was working last week. difference may be that i have done a make
clean this time

In the graphic section, bumpmap.blend seems to works but there is
nasty black areas moving on it like shadows.
not sure it is normal

collada import script works