[Bf-committers] Re: Do release scripts automatically copy the logo.png from "blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx" ?

D.J. Capelis djcapelis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 21:55:04 CEST 2006

As much as we normally work on a nice informal basis most of the time,
perhaps it would be a good time to establish a formal checklist for all
scripts being committed and have a small review process before scripts
are checked in which includes a signoff by two devs, the one who is
going to commit the script and a (different) dev from the py team.  Then
just make a note on CVS checkin that said who reviewed it.  A little bit
more formal than it is now... but will probably save us some trouble
down the road and ensure things like this get caught earlier.

For people outside the py team who need additional reviews for platform
specific issues (like on windows, making sure that paths stored in
strings don't become escape characters or whatever other problems crop
up...) or other common pitfalls we notice can just add it to the
checklist and it would become part of the review process.

It seems like a good idea to ensure some consistency in what seems to be
turning into a slightly chaotic area of the tree.  I imagine
contributors would find a nice point-by-point list of things we
particularly care about before committing handy as well.  Does this seem
reasonable to folks?