[Bf-committers] Re: Do release scripts automatically copy the logo.png from "blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx" ?

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Wed Jun 14 03:03:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

Am I wrong or does it seem the discussion heated up a little bit here
:)? Anyway, it's clear everybody is just trying to help, so if anyone
feels offended somehow, just don't.

Sorry, didn't have time to test scripts for the release, yet, though
I've been in contact with Erwin and Pieter about a small path issue.

- Inclusion:

Good Collada support is already a key feature for many users (*), so
there should be no worries, we'll do our best to have it included, of
course.

(*) Including me, imo something like Collada was *badly* needed.

- About multiple files:

There are other scripts that use modules, we store them in the
scripts/bpymodules dir. More than better structuring, modules provide a
way for multiple scripts to access the same funcionality. In fact we
want to update at least all important import/export scripts to use
modules, so that other scripts can also use their functionality. Once we
have that, we might even make Blender able to convert from one format to
another via command line.

- The logo:

Personally I don't think this one is *necessary*, either, but I
understand the author may disagree and consider it important, since the
script is developed as a product. In principle we didn't discuss a
recommendation against images (size matters, of course) and the
scripts/bpydata dir was also meant for this possibility. There are other
scripts that use / need images and it's possible they get included in
the future (almost happened months ago, we may end up providing an extra
package of scripts and their data btw). The desired standardization for
i/o scripts interfaces wasn't done in Blender yet.

Pieter, as was pointed:

- We still have to support Python 2.3:

So please remove or separate based on version (if sys.version_info...)
the parts that rely on 2.4. We can offer help if you're short on time.
I'm not on linux right now, where I have Blender, but looking at the cvs
sources online I found an "import profile" but didn't spot where it's
being used, maybe it's just a left-over (?), since it's not useful for
end-users. If you see that somehow you can't support 2.3 please tell us
and we'll see what can be done.

Apologies to all for another long post!

--
Willian