[Bf-committers] two uv_export.py issues

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Tue Jun 13 07:13:32 CEST 2006

In a recent attempt to use uv_export.py, I find that I can run the
script once successfully, and then after that, I am getting an
exception "value not compatible with current button".

This exception is thrown by code in the pyapi Draw.c routine when
trying to save and restore previous values to the uv_export.py's
"EXTERNALEDITOR" button field.  Perhaps if that field is left empty
on the first run, a None is somehow being put in the registry instead
of a "" value?  I did not fully investigate that, but I added a
simple ValueError:pass hack to uv_export.py for now, so that I could
save my UV layouts.

Also, I think the default values for this script should use powers of
two for the image size, since a huge number of users will be aiming
for that typical uv engine constraint.  The current default image
size is 500x500.  I propose that it get bumped to 512x512, and the
limits range 64~8192 instead of 100~10000.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]