[Bf-committers] Bounding box, linked size, and Transform Properties

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sun Jun 11 07:38:14 CEST 2006

I read your message and saw the screenshot, but I still don't really
understand what's going on there. I think it needs to be made clearer.

What does adjusting the 'bounding box' actually do? Does it mean that
potentially even if an object's vertices are only 1BU wide, the
object itself seems 2 BU wide even though there's nothing there in
that extra space? This seems pretty weird, even by Blender standards.
What would it be useful for?

As a side note if anything is going to happen there, it would really
be a good (and long-overdue) thing to change the word 'Size' to
'Scale'. The word size is very misleading, since it doesn't define an
absolute size, but the scale from a somewhat arbitrary reference
point, and many people have been confused by it.

cheers

Matt