[Bf-committers] Re: CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src B.blend.c

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 08:29:24 CEST 2006

Chris Want wrote:
> GSR wrote:
>>>  Made the default cube of the default blend have *all* vertices
>>> selected
>>>  in edit mode, rather than just the vertices of the front face.
>>>  Please test.
>>

>> Why not toggle the depth test button too? It is a typical complain new
>> people have (and it only works in solid edit mode, anyway).
>>
>> GSR
>
> Yes, I would very much like to do that too -- does anybody
> have an objection?
I would object to turning the depth test button off by default--it's
hardly the most obvious button there is. :)  And it is an important
feature; you don't want a new user thinking "Hrm! Blender doesn't even
hide the back verts?! Screw this!" because they didn't know the feature
existed.

> Also, what about having manipulators off by default?
>
> Chris
I suspect the decision to turn depth mode and manipulators on by default
is probably to make blender more new-user-friendly.  Turning them off
might not be such a good thing from that perspective.  But, what do I
know. :)

Joe