[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern anim.c blender/source/blender/render/intern/source convertblender.c blender/source/blender/src drawobject.c

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Jun 9 14:36:42 CEST 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

>  And more particle issues... the attempts to allow particle systems to be
>  part of duplicators (groups especially) isn't easy to get working!
>  This commit solves regular animated particle systems... they rendered on
>  the wrong location, using wrong object transform.

I bet you will have loads of fun getting groups to work in all situations
still - it's what I've been through in the past weeks :)

Groups are used extensively in dtpblender, and their objects being "only
duplis" gives lots of issues... groups aren't nestable, groups can't contain
dupli-anything themselves, there are problems with different scenes..

Maybe it isn't too wise to use the duplicator system for this in the end.
Maybe, the group should *really* be instantiated as *actual* bases/objects,
with a pointer to the duplicator, so that decisions can be made when to
delete/create/modify these objects based on the source group.