[Bf-committers] Re: Bf-committers Digest, Vol 23, Issue 13

Rui Campos rcampos at fusemail.com
Fri Jun 9 13:24:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

Yes it is slower and requires more CPU for encoding, you are right, but
the final quality is much better and in many of my test cases the
generated files are smaller then DivX, when comparing with same quality in
DivX and H264.

I was asking Peter if it would be hard to implement x264 using FFMPEG,
since he already did a part of it, I wonder how hard it would be to add
x264 to the FFMPEG list inside Blender.

I'm all for full usage of FFMPEG, that is why I asked.
x264 is available in FFMPEG too, not requiring to use x264 directly.

-- Rui --