[Bf-committers] Renaming menu items.

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Jun 7 19:26:11 CEST 2006

Hi, I posted this a while back, but we should probably change this
sooner then later

=== WKEY MENU===
Merge  ->  Marge/Collapse
Flip Normals -> Flip Face Normals    ---- Dont care mech about this one
Set Smooth -> Shade Smooth
Set Solid -> Shade Flat

Smooth -> Relax??? (Dont care much about this one)

Cant recall exactly what but broken suggested but he had some good ideas
too.
My main concern with these menu items is that the term Smooth is used
loosely and not very descriptive as to whats going on.

=== UKEY UV MAPPING MENU===
Cube -> Cube Projection
Cylinder -> Cylinder from View
Sphere -> Sphere from View
Bounds to */* -> Project from View */*
Standard */* -> Reset UV Coords */*
 From Window -> Project from Window

Its important to let the user know what functions use the view, at the
moment theres nothing to say that Cube dosent use the view while Sphere
does.
I also dont see how 1/1 1/4 1/8 are useful to anyone. The menu could be
a lot less cluttered by removing them.
All the models I make are UV mapped and I have never needed to use
anything other then 1/1.

- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton