[Bf-committers] "open recent" broken

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jun 2 12:59:35 CEST 2006

Hi,

I had this error too, but a commit from jiri yesterday seemed to fix
it. The error was that when you didn't load a .blend, and quit blender,
the .Blog file became emtpy.

Jiri & Alexander: to say it nicely; I'm not very impressed with how
this patching on patching worked out. There were very elementary coding
mistakes here, and still the code isn't working in all cases still.

  -- toets.c --
toets.c: In function `recent_filelist':
toets.c:383: warning: control reaches end of non-void function

I wonder why you don't get such warnings? Anyhoo, I will commit fix. In
general you have to be very careful with using "return" inside of code.

BTW: I'm not saying that I'm perfect... especially in a hurry such
mistakes easily happen. Better to have active coders that make
mistakes, than no coders at all! :)
Nevertheless, especially for code we don't have "official maintainers"
for you have to think twice before committing. Or ask for code reviews
or so?

-Ton-