[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source Makefile nan_definitions.mk blender/source/blender Makefile blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_brush.h BKE_main.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern brush.c library.c blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern ...

Ralf Hölzemer cheleb at gmx.de
Fri Jul 28 09:04:41 CEST 2006

On Fr, 2006-07-28 at 03:59 +0200, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:

Hi Brecht,

> But I guess some users like the floating panel, for full screen painting,
> so we probably need both.

Count me in. :) I think the cleanup of the paint panel is very
structured and logical and i often find myself painting in full screen
mode with the panel on top of the image. If there is a plan to get rid
of floating panels altogether, i wouldn't mind using the edit mode one,
but it would be great if the floating panel could stay as an optional
way of doing things.

> I changed the way brushes work in the last commit. I like the new
> airbrush behavior better, but might have broken the way you intended
> it to work. So if you could test maybe? I can tweak it further if needed.

This is just great. Now painting feels much more natural/responsive than
before and the new brush datablocks are a big workflow enhancement. I'll
add another three thumbs to bjornmose's offer. ;)

One thing that i observed is that wrapping doesn't work in all cases.
Try to paint on an image in the lower left corner while wrapping is
active. For me, it wraps to more or less random areas instead of the
other 3 corners in the image.

Cheers,
Ralf