[Bf-committers] Blender -> User Interface

Renato Perini rperini at email.it
Wed Jul 26 19:11:16 CEST 2006

Hi trip,

trip somewhere ha scritto:
>  It used to be that
> companies used "customizable UI" as an excuse to not design the UI
> smoothly in the first place. We understand that great defaults are
> critical.

Right. I'm not sure if this could be considered marketing, but this
sentence is too right to be malicious. ;-)
One of the things I'd like to see for the Blender UI is the ability to
auto align panels in the center of the screen. If tabs in the "Shading
menu" are centered, then those that are in the "Scene menu" are
left-aligned. Viceversa, if you center panels in the Scene menu, those
that are in the Shading menu are left aligned. I think that it is
frustrating in the state it is now (at least for me).   :-) :-) :-)

Is the "buttons information architecture" project by Matt et al. still
alive? I really enjoy that approach to GUI design.

Regards
Renato Perini

 Sponsor:
 Problemi di Liquidità? Con Logos Finanziaria 30.000 € in 24 ore a dipendenti e lavoratori autonomi con rimborsi fino a 120 mesi clicca qui
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2907&d=26-7