[Bf-committers] AHOY for 2.42a

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 23 17:46:10 CEST 2006

Hi,

There's a couple of reasons to rebuild the release;

- windows installer missed Collada
- game player, all versions, didnt work
- linux Python library (static) has to become a newer version
- a couple of bugfixes in cvs, some nasty crashers but most are
relatively minor.

It would help best if we make a 'a' version for all platforms, to
prevent confusing situations of bugs being in one release and not in
others...

In the sunday meeting, release builders DJ (linux), Simon (windows) and
Ed (osx intel) were available to approve on a rebuild. Hopefully the
others will agree too. :)

Actions:
- Ton: commits release build name (2.42a)
- Chris: tags cvs
- Release builders: as usual, upload versions for me or for Kent to
grab and move to the download site.

Hopefully we can put this online today/tomorrow. CVS then can unfreeze,
and we move to our nice "BCon-1" relaxing period. :)

I can help until tuesday with webpages and release logs, but wednesday
I leave to Siggraph... will be not very available for about 10 days
then.

Thanks!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org