[Bf-committers] Blender 2.42 + fixes >> deb file >> Ubuntu Dapper >> full ffmpeg support

Rui Campos rcampos at fusemail.com
Sat Jul 22 01:53:55 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I compiled Blender for Ubuntu Dapper Drake and generated all necessary
deb files for it, in order for it to have full ffmpeg support, with
XVid, MP3, AAC and H264 support.

The deb files are here:
http://ruicampos.com/fl_tmp/debian/ubuntu-dapper/

Some notes:
- This is an unofficial release, designed specifically for Ubuntu Dapper
Drake.
- It has full FFMPEG support, meaning you can use Xvid, MP3 and H264 as
movie export, or even as import on the sequencer.
- Since you have ffmpeg and I use scons, blenderplayer is history, use
the one supplied in the official package if you really need it.
- It was compiled for i586, so it should be faster then the official
release.
- It contains some bug fixes commited for the 2.42a release.

I think all needed packages are declared as dependencies, but if you
miss one just say so and I will add it to the deb file.

Tomorrow or so I will make sure to post also optimized builds deb files
for Centrino processors, Pentium 4 and Athlon XP. Since these are deb
files it can easily be replaced or force an older version

If you find anything missing just poke me.

Have fun,

-- Rui (aka rcas) --