[Bf-committers] AHOY? Can we rebuilt the blenderplayer for 2.42 release?

D.J. Capelis blender at djc.people.sgalliance.com
Fri Jul 21 07:43:47 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 22:02 +0200, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We can do two things I guess;
>
> - offer a new 2.42a build with only the player upgraded (and
> communicate as such)
> - do a full new release of entire cvs
>
> I tend to go for the first option... mostly because I've not seen
> showstopper fixes in Blender, and don't like to introduce new problems
> with making new builds (not to mention the testing cycle :).
>
> Feedback welcome, of course :)
>
> -Ton-

I was hoping to do a full 2.42a with these bugs and others fixed,
yesterday when I was going through the bugtracker I put the list of some
of the things I was thinking about on the sunday meeting agenda as a
starting place...

Here:
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/SundayMeetingAgenda/July_22nd_2006

There's also a small security bug that we should go ahead and deal with
if anyone familiar with that system can make the commit, it's linked
from that page.

Personally I tend to think that even without the gameplayer issues this
calls for a 2.42a.