[Bf-committers] Urgent feature request for Plumiferos

"Juan J. Peña M." jjulio.pena at verizon.net.do
Fri Jul 21 00:41:10 CEST 2006

malefico andauer escribió:

>3- Custom (crappy) python script I wrote, linked to
>framechange event, which makes Text3D objects, in
>front of camera, and parented to it, which has the
>advantages of getting all required info, but if camera
>zooms in/out, texts might get out of view, and if
>image aspect/resoultion changes, you have to manually
>place the labels (you can check a shot here:
>http://www.plumiferos.com/temp/stamper.jpg)

For OpenGL preview you can substitute the text object with an empty with
"show name" active.  Instead of changing the line of text you change the
name of the empty.  That way the size of the stamped letters won't
change when zooming.

But agree, something especifically coded for the purpose should work
better than a python+empty/text.object hack.