[Bf-committers] AHOY? Can we rebuilt the blenderplayer for 2.42 release?

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Thu Jul 20 22:17:07 CEST 2006

Le 20 juil. 06 à 22:02, Ton Roosendaal a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> We can do two things I guess;
>
> - offer a new 2.42a build with only the player upgraded (and
> communicate as such)
> - do a full new release of entire cvs
>
> I tend to go for the first option... mostly because I've not seen
> showstopper fixes in Blender, and don't like to introduce new
> problems with making new builds (not to mention the testing cycle :).

third option :

make the upgraded player available as separate download.

advantages : smaller download both in size and number, and less
confusion

the GE works in blender, so for most users, it is not that much a big
deal i suppose.

I must admit i did all the tests but failed to check player, which i
normally do.

Lukep