[Bf-committers] Nodes

Branan Riley branan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 19:46:55 CEST 2006

I've been trying to figure out how to split the current Material input node.
Create a "Diffuse" node, "Specular" node, etc. The Material node can still
be there, of course. I'd also like to be able to add a "lights" node, which
gives the vectors to the lights for each pixel as well. Coupled with some
easy-to-write vector math nodes, this gives a very powerful low-level shader
design system, but also allows for less advanced users to create simpler
systems.

My problem is the three main nodes - diffuse, specular, and lights. I've
been digging through the source, but I can't find any sort of easy-to-use
hook already in place. I tried looking at the Material Node code, but that
pretty much is a front-end for the Material code itself, which is not very
fun to look through at all. Any advice on where to get started on any of
those nodes would be greatly appreciated.

Branan