[Bf-committers] Makefiles - OpenEXR and python on ubuntu linux

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Mon Jul 17 17:28:50 CEST 2006

D.J. Capelis wrote:
>>Last one, when linking it was looking for libGL.a which doesn't exist,
>>only libGL.so. After some experimentation, adding "export
>>NAN_JUST_BLENDERDYNAMIC=true" fixed this, but it seems a bit nasty that
>>one can't just build by default.
>
> It does exist on most sane distros, nevertheless, it's probably about
> time we made dynamic linking for GL the default...

The default is to build both dynamic and static. The dynamic is
always built first so if things crap out during linking of
the static version, you at least get the dynamic one.

 > on ubuntu, it's part of libgl1-mesa-swrast-dev. However, when
installing it,
 > you will lose hardware accelaration.

My work around is to build my own version of Mesa and point
the user-def.mk to look there, e.g.,

export NAN_MESA=/usr/local/src/Mesa-6.3.2

Chris