[Bf-committers] Makefiles - OpenEXR and python on ubuntu linux

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Jul 17 08:39:09 CEST 2006

Hi,

After chatting with spiderworm on IRC, there seems to be some issues
with the makefiles that break compilation on the current Ubuntu Linux by
default.

Currently in CVS, it's looking in /usr/local (nan_definitions.mk: 123)
where at least on Ubuntu it should be looking in /usr. I see that the
other Linux options below are all looking in /usr too. Should this be
changed for linux/OpenEXR? I don't know if that would impact on other
distributions.

Another thing is python - the default version seems to be 2.3
(nan_definitions.mk: 334), but Ubuntu, and I presume many other Linux
distributions are using that version too. Isn't there a better way to do
this than having it hardcoded? Guessconfig? using $python -V  ?

Last one, when linking it was looking for libGL.a which doesn't exist,
only libGL.so. After some experimentation, adding "export
NAN_JUST_BLENDERDYNAMIC=true" fixed this, but it seems a bit nasty that
one can't just build by default.

Anyways, just throwing this up there for the Linux platform maintainers
to take a look at.

cheers

Matt