[Bf-committers] Plugins in win32 installation of blender

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Sun Jul 16 14:05:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

Yes, this is the way the installer works currently.

We still have some issues with plugins IMHO.  I would prefer to have
pre-built dlls with the installer, however, my attempts to build a
working plugin with msvc have been unsuccessful. All documentation
I've found points to lcc/gcc/dlltool magic.  So, until the plugins
build with msvc they cannot be included in a scons release.

Plugin sources could be included in the installer, however, I'm not
sure how many windows users are prepared to jump through hoops to
compile them! :)

As a separate issue, scons 'install' is not up to 100% after the
scons rewrite. My plan is to reintegrate the NSIS installer for next
release.

Simon