[Bf-committers] Windows release showstopper

Stephane SOPPERA stephane.soppera at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 13 11:57:49 CEST 2006

Ton Roosendaal a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> The test reports I get are totally confusing. Please first try this
> build:
>
> (Made by Andrea, MSVC compiler, yesterday)
> http://www.blender.org/bf/blender-2.42-test-msvc-windows.zip
>
> On this .blend:
> http://bebraw.googlepages.com/shadowbug.blend
>
> Using *both* output to the Image Editor as output to the 2nd render
> window.
Hi,

I reproduce the problem with this build.

Using 2nd Render Window, it renders the shadow ok.
Using either "Image Editor" or "FullScreen" there is the bug in the shadow.

My computer is:
Windows XP home
Pentium IV 3.2GHz hyperthreaded
1.5Go RAM
NVidia GeForce 6600GT

I just made a new test: activating "Threads" button make the problem bigger:
- this picture is render without "threads":
http://stephane.soppera.googlepages.com/nothread.png
- this picture is render with "threads":
http://stephane.soppera.googlepages.com/thread.png

You can see the shadow bugs are more present in "thread" version.

Regards,
Stephane