[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/scripts kloputils.py

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Jul 12 12:51:34 CEST 2006

On 12/07/2006, at 20:37 PM, jmsoler at free.fr wrote:

> A bundle scripts are not anonymous lines of C lost in the CVS when the
> patch is applied . More : the bundle scripts are not part of the
> source .

C code is not lost and anonymous, it has the same authorship as any
other code. I consider scripts that are bundled with Blender, in
Blender CVS and integrated into its UI part of the source and held to
the same standards as the rest of it. It certainly appears that way
to a user.

IMO, if you want scripts to have clear authorship and personal
control, they should be distributed from a homepage. Anything that's
part of Blender should be maintained as part of Blender, and worked
on collaboratively for the greater good of Blender users' experience.

cheers

Matt