[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/scripts kloputils.py

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Jul 12 08:29:43 CEST 2006

Stephen Swaney wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 07:59:25PM +0200, Campbell Barton wrote:
>

>>   Modified files:
>>     blender/release/scripts kloputils.py
>>
>>   Log:
>>   Fixed many small errors in this script.
>>   This is a real mess and should be removed/re-written but until we have a nice clean alignment script and its close to release, have to keep it.
>>

> Being "a real mess and should be removed/re-written" is not high praise
> or a glowing recomendation.
>
> Why exactly do we have to keep it?

So as not to offend anyone?

It still throws errors in a number of places and there wernt any obvious
fixes (PutRaw says there are faces without 3 or 4 verts sometimes)
This is one of those scripts that probably realy usefull to the author
who knows what all the buttons mean, but since it dosent work anymore I
assume the authors not maintaining it (or using 2.41?) - so it should be
removed.

Its a pitty because they put a lot of effort into writing it in 3
languages and for the mostpart it works ok.

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street
Geelong West, Victoria 3218 Australia