[Bf-committers] Preparing for release...

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 9 23:57:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

All seems to go fine now (still!). The sunday meeting went pretty
smooth, with a couple of (unconfirmed) bugs still, and a list with
todos:

- testing and test some more!

- release logs
I will write several still, but help is welcome. For example a page
about all animation system additions...

- demo files
We could make a great download with special 2.42 features/explanations.
Anyone?

- tutorial videos
Anyone interested to collect cool 2.42 feature tutorial videos?

- wiki frontpage
Would be nice to get the docs with 2.42 descriptions linked together on
frontpage

Proposal now is to freeze CVS completely wednesday, call for the final
binaries, and release thursday or friday. Exciting! :)

Other topic in meeting:

- Scripts Management
There's some confusement still about what scripts are OK for inclusion
in releases, and how to define that. The python team will discuss ideas
for it and come with proposal later.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org