[Bf-committers] Re: Trybing to have FFMpeg with MSVC

lguillaume lecocqguillaume at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 12:49:06 CEST 2006

2006/7/9, Peter Schlaile <peter at schlaile.de>:

> Hi,
>
> > Name: Ffmpeg_try_under_msvc.patch
> >
> http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/attachments/20060708/00f83769/Ffmpeg_try_under_msvc.bin
>
> I do not know, in which direction you were heading. Does this patch really
> make ffmpeg _compile_ for you with MSVC?

Blender compile with FFMpeg support, FFmpeg can't be compiled with MSVC

Some lines really do not look that nice, escpecially:

> -#include <ffmpeg/avformat.h>
> -#include <ffmpeg/avcodec.h>
> -#include <ffmpeg/rational.h>
> +#include <libavformat/avformat.h>
> +#include <libavcodec/avcodec.h>
> +#include <libavutil/rational.h>

Sure but if you like for the file you put in extern, this file is not under
ffmpeg/avformat.h, if I change nothing the compiler will never found include
file.

isn't very usefull, since the header files get installed into ffmpeg/...
> on make install.

I use MSVC not mingw or cygwin, make install did not exist

It is also a not so good idea, to patch the ffmpeg-header files
> directly, since someone will eventually update to a newer ffmpeg-version
> included in blender and then screw up all your changes. If those are
> simple redefinitions, it is maybe better to use the command line of the
> compiler for this. (like -D inline=__inline etc.)

This just a try, I'm not a coder, now if anyone have the solution.

Greetings,