[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/scripts archimap.py image_find_paths.py mesh_boneweight_copy.py mesh_cleanup.py mesh_edges2curves.py mesh_poly_reduce.py mesh_tri2quad.py object_batch_name_edit.py uv_from_adjacent.py uv_relax.py vertexpaint_selfshadow_ao.py ...

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Sat Jul 8 17:00:56 CEST 2006

Ok, enough.

jmsoler at free.fr wrote:
 > Selon Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com>:
 >>  removed double batch_name_edit, same file is object_batch_name_edit
 > And, of course, you do not removed your own work but one of mine
 > again.
 > Do I  have to understand that the Blender Foundation's  project is
 > to write a copy of each of my scripts and remove all of them ?

Let's define a clear policy for removing or merging scripts, so this
does not end up in coder X vs. coder Y arguments, particularly when only
one has commit rights. We should treat scripts like any other Blender
feature.

I propose that removal or merging (code or just funcionality) of working
scripts be decided on Sunday irc meetings. I also propose we start with
these scripts this Sunday.

It's simple: after a short description of what both scripts do, we test
and opinate: simply keep A or B or merge functionality from one into the
other and possibly add more features or change something in the ui. If
further work is needed (merging) we then find a coder to work on it --
much probably one of the authors.

Campbell: the fair thing to do is to revert the removal from cvs until
this is properly decided.

Jean-Michel: no, obviously there's no plan against your contributions to
Blender.

Finally, this is not a competition. Scripts have implemented ideas
(features), code and interface. If ideas are similar and the code works
well, it's a matter of deciding which interface (or mix of / if any)
fits better Blender's ui model and workflow.

--
Willian