[Bf-committers] Blender 2.42 Web Browser Plugin

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jul 7 18:02:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

The security issue we should verify yes, I heard the sandbox didn't
work (anymore).

But the fact it is instable (and unfinished for platforms) doesn't make
this an official release anyway, nice for the testing department and
the hardcode game devs here, not as part of the 2.42 release.

I still think a company or institute (or group of developers) should
pick up the web player. If you really want it to become a serious &
stable web browser plug-in, you have to do a whole lot of work on it
still, and be prepared for giving users/artists active support for it.

-Ton-