[Bf-committers] Blender 2.42 Web Browser Plugin

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Jul 7 17:36:48 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 05:51:14PM -0400, erwin at erwincoumans.com wrote:

> The first steps to a working Blender 2.42 Web Browser Plugin are done.
>
> http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=406
>
> This is Windows, ActiveX. It is reported to work under Internet Explorer,
> and Firefox (using 'render as Internet Explorer 'ActiveX').

Please correct me if I am missing something here, but without some sort
of sandboxing mechanism we are are creating a huge security hole.

Releasing something like this does not seem like a good idea.

(note: sorry it this is a dup.  it was sent last night while
the servers were wonky)
--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net