[Bf-committers] Quicktime and Alpha

Ralf Hölzemer cheleb at gmx.de
Thu Jul 6 16:18:59 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 06.07.2006, 08:52 -0500 schrieb Johnny Matthews:
> Does the Quicktime support in Blender allow for exporting of Alpha
> channel to a .mov? I tried to just set RGBA and export to quicktime, but
> my client said there was no alpha info. Any thoughts?

Hi Johnny,
AFAIK Quicktime supports alpha channels either through the "Animation"
Codec or through Uncompressed Mov's. Animation Codec is lossless and
compresses reasonably well.

> and is there a good way to
> check a file for this?
You could try to layer the movie over another image in the blender
compositor or just check the file's properties in quicktime player, if
you have it installed.

Cheers,
Ralf