[Bf-committers] Quicktime and Alpha

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Jul 6 16:17:51 CEST 2006

Yes it does, but it depends on a) what codec you're using, and b) the
quicktime settings, not the blender RGBA settings.

Eg. the quicktime animation codec supports alpha and I use it a lot
for this reason (among others). In the codec settings, just set the
colour depth to "Millions of Colours+" and you get an alpha channel.
Blender understands it too - here's an old picture from a couple of
years ago showing a .mov with alpha used as a texture in Blender:
http://mke3.net/rt/movalpha.png

cheers

Matt