[Bf-committers] Official Optimized Builds?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 2 21:06:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

 From management perspective: we offer official builds at blender.org
because these are supported by a developer. These 'platform managers'
also take care of proper scons/makefiles/mscv, and ensure we use the
right versions of compiler, libraries, and so on.

It is really not that easy to setup a complete stable environment, but
most of all... if we offer such builds, we should be able to support it
too. What will it mean for bug reports for example? How much
instability we can expect?

So; if there are developers here willing to work on a stable optimized
build, and do full regression tests, and willing to support this in our
bugtracker, I'm not against it.

-Ton-