[Bf-committers] Sunday july 2 meeting: RC3!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 2 20:02:06 CEST 2006

Hi all,

We are close, but there's still issues open that require to wait a bit.
In the meeting discussed was:

- Campbell's Python poly-filling code will have to move to a new
Geometry module. He will work on that and commit tomorrow latest. There
was a long discussion about it, especially because it breaks the CVS
Freeze. Nevertheless, only Campbell's python script uses it, and he
will give it a good test.

- OpenEXR: we stick to the current official release, the new one is
development-testing only.

- Ffmeg: only the Linux release will get this now. For windows/osx/etc
we solve the issues after release. See other mails on this list!
The library is also quite large (adds 1.7 MB to download), but cannot
be made dynamic loadable, ffmpeg doesn't have official releases

- Bugs: at least two need to solved; a Python (Linux compile, #4486)
bug, and the slowness of creating preview icons

- Release logs: Jean-Luc will make Mesh tools docs. Brecht adds a page
about his work. Willian will do the Python changelog. I will do a full
overview of smaller features, and Groups

Conclusion: we wait at least 1 week still...

-Ton-

(After-meeting discussion went about Blender roadmap, architecture...
also related to Python refactor, tools API, event system, ghost.
Interesting topic, but no time now to write about it!)

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org