[Bf-committers] Official Optimized Builds?

Jean Montambeault iaminnocent at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 2 02:19:39 CEST 2006

Austin Benesh wrote:
> Yes, those people can. ;) But, if newcomers come and have, say, 5
> different options, the question is: will it make them back out of
> trying Blender just because they don't know which one to download? The
> more advanced users will have optimized builds available on the
> internet, especially at graphicall.org.
Knowing what CPU one owns is very common knowledge since it is one of
the first item in any computer sales person pitch.
Having the best performing version of Blender possible can only enhance
the user satisfaction, /especially /if he is of the kind that know
nothing but how much horse power there is under the cover of their 'puter.
Finally, and most important for me, I would love to have an official
optimized build that would be well supported and reliable. Those on
graphicall.org come and go and are too often... funny shall we say.

What do you think ?

Jean