[Bf-committers] Diff patch for Intel Macs

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jul 1 22:54:19 CEST 2006

Hi Doug,

I've replace my old iBook with a new powerbook yesterday, so finally
could check on the patch!
The changes look fine, but before I commit there's a couple of issues
to solve;

- OpenAL indeed doesn't work yet, that will take some work (hopefully
not me!)
- The darwin ports libintl (and the one I compiled myself) doesn't run
without linking with libiconv.a too. Is that your experience too?
- OpenEXR has a new release with intel mac support, that needs a new
thread library too, so the makefiles are not compatible for other
versions then
- I only fixed make, not scons yet

What I can do is make all precompiled libs available in cvs lib/
directory (including exr), so a checkout and compile will become pretty
painless.

But, before I do so, would like to hear some feedback from others who
got it to compile for OSX... anything else to be aware of?

-Ton-