[Bf-committers] Things to clean up to get Blender CVS building on Windows.

Stealth Apprentice stealthapprentice at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 07:27:59 CET 2006

Did a sync to head on all the latest checkins. built
with MSVC8 Express Edition.

I haven't tackled BRE_render (hoping someone beats me
to it :-) But here's initial feedback in hopes that
these notes can help someone with checkin privs get
CVS MSVC8 clean pretty quickly.

problem:
#include <ctype.h> got merged out of STR_String.cpp

problem:
I still need my manual template instantiations to
compile elbeem.

problem:
KX_KetsjiEngine.cpp line 328. #include "PIL_time.h"
inserted, but not required. Remove this line because
PIL_time.h does not exist in the path of KX_ketsji

problem:
BlenderPlayerCtl.cpp, line 661.
KX_BlenderSceneConverter is missing the second
argument. In order to compile, I put a 0 here. What's
the right solution?

problem:
BKE_writeavi.h: Move forward declaration of struct
RenderData to line 41
also, correct start_movie as follows:
	void (*start_movie)(struct RenderData *rd, int rectx,
int recty);

problem:
had to add
..\..\..\source\blender\render\intern\include
to vcproj's in several places

problem:
view.c refers to non-existent render.h - should be
render_types.h

problem:
convertBlenderScene refers to non-existent
render_types.h

problem:
blenderbuttons.c: inconsistent line endings (repaired
CR/LF)

problem wrtieavicode.c:
missing #include "DNA_scene_types.h"
missing #include "render_types.h"
missing search path
..\..\..\source\blender\render\intern\include

writeavicode.c: change function decl as -
static void opts_to_acd(struct AviCodecData *acd);
static void acd_to_opts(struct AviCodecData *acd);

init_bmi references an undefined variable called R.
added:
extern struct Render R;

again -
static void opts_to_acd(struct AviCodecData *acd)
static void acd_to_opts(struct AviCodecData *acd)

problem convertBlenderScene.c - add
extern Render R;
undefined: HA_ONLYSKY
undefined: OB_DO_IMAT
..\..\..\source\blender\renderconverter\intern\convertBlenderScene.c(2890)
: error C2198: 'init_render_materials' : too few
arguments for call
..\..\..\source\blender\renderconverter\intern\convertBlenderScene.c(2891)
: error C2065: 'shade_material_loop' : undeclared
identifier

non-problem:
CSG_BooleanOps.cpp, extra semi-colon ilne 50

I seem to recall ODE isn't supposed to be in the
build, but it's still in the vcproj files. Therefore:
problem:
OdePhysicsEnvironment.cpp. Ln39, remove argument to
dHashSpaceCreate
Ln 109: dWorldQuickStep doesn't exist. Comment out,
uncomment line above it.
Ln 207: argument is int. To match header, change to
void*