[Bf-committers] Release 2.41 close :)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 22 17:33:10 CET 2006

Hi all,

As discussed on this sundays meeting, we can move to 2.41 soon. Mostly
it's a game engine update release, but there's essential fixes as well.

Here's the current log:
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Release_Notes/Notes241

Jean-Luc (OSX) and Simon (Windows) have confirmed to be standby, hope
the other release builders can be available too? Here's the proposed
schedule;

*** Today

- last chance to get things in cvs.
- Some python scripts and translations will be added (Tom M)
- We use old splash, but with 2.41 on it, of course. There's just too
little time for a full new splash selection round, and 2.41 is more-of
a 2.40-update anyway
- I will commit end of day release code update
- More work needed on docs & demos... Tom M coordinates

**** Tomorrow

- release Ahoy!
- building releases can start, and *dont* forget the full regression
suite!
- if tests survived, upload binaries
- when all release builders confirmed it's OK, we'll go official
- I will take care of blender.org download page and frontpage

Release then is probably tuesday....

***** After release

- CVS open again, but...

I'd propose to keep the entire source/blender/ tree frozen for at least
3 or 4 more days, this will give me time to do the merger with the
orange branch... which might be (or not) a hell of a job! :)
Python code or libraries or engine is of course free to work on!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org