[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/extern/...<snip>

Erwin Coumans erwin at erwincoumans.com
Sun Jan 15 20:29:51 CET 2006

Hi Ton and others,

Can we make testbuilds and prepare for 2.41 release?

> I don't really have a clue now what the roadmap or functionality is the
> game engine team works on...

Sorry for not being clear. Basically we worked on a 2.41 release with the
following main features/fixes:
1) armatures work again
2) blender materials work in the game engine
3) lots of small game engine fixes

This is finished, and I'm happy with the state of the game engine for a 2.41
release. The rest of the changes will need to go in a game engine roadmap.

> - Always include user-level descriptions of new features or

Here is a user-level description of the new graphics features:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pub/test/blender/Blender.htm
The features in the demos should look like this:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pub/test/blender/2.41graphics_features.jpg

Last remaining thing is OpenAL sound upgrade. Can we upgrade windows too? If
we upgrade to latest OpenAL it will generate dll's by default. Are the
OpenAL dll's really a problem? If so, someone needs to make OpenAL
statically linked again...

Thanks,
Erwin