[Bf-committers] Scheduling for an 2.41 update?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jan 13 15:28:13 CET 2006

Hi all,

This wasn't put here in the mailing list yet... sorry for that!

(report of last sunday irc meeting)

The idea is that we'll move to a 2.41 ("stable") update as soon as  
possible, and then re-open cvs for new development again. So until that  
moment, new development better can be done in the orange branch.
On next sunday meeting we can review the status, but I've already  
received a request from Erwin to wait a little bit for him to do the  
last fixes in the game engine... he really likes to make the next  
release a good one for engine users. :)

The second important topic was discussing the way we'll use CVS after  
the freeze. You can read that in the minutes too, but there was  
confusement still on the best way to use branches.

The idea we proposed was to use a branch "develop" after a freeze, to  
allow a stable checkout as well. This idea was - according to cvs  
expert LarstiQ - not needed, since we already tag releases in cvs...  
essentially creating a branch with that specific release tag. That  
means that, if it's really needded, important bugfixes can be done in  
the release-tagged branch, and regular development happens as usual on  
cvs 'head'. The release branch never has to be merged with current cvs  

Of course, big refactor projects can be done in temporal branches  
still. That can be decvided on a per-project basis.


BTW: Agenda proposals for next sunday can be added here:

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org  

More information about the Bf-committers mailing list