[Bf-committers] Scheduling for an 2.41 update?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jan 13 15:28:13 CET 2006

Hi all,

This wasn't put here in the mailing list yet... sorry for that!

(report of last sunday irc meeting)
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/SundayMeetingAgenda/
January_8th_2006

The idea is that we'll move to a 2.41 ("stable") update as soon as
possible, and then re-open cvs for new development again. So until that
moment, new development better can be done in the orange branch.
On next sunday meeting we can review the status, but I've already
received a request from Erwin to wait a little bit for him to do the
last fixes in the game engine... he really likes to make the next
release a good one for engine users. :)

The second important topic was discussing the way we'll use CVS after
the freeze. You can read that in the minutes too, but there was
confusement still on the best way to use branches.

The idea we proposed was to use a branch "develop" after a freeze, to
allow a stable checkout as well. This idea was - according to cvs
expert LarstiQ - not needed, since we already tag releases in cvs...
essentially creating a branch with that specific release tag. That
means that, if it's really needded, important bugfixes can be done in
the release-tagged branch, and regular development happens as usual on
cvs 'head'. The release branch never has to be merged with current cvs
anyway.

Of course, big refactor projects can be done in temporal branches
still. That can be decvided on a per-project basis.

-Ton-

BTW: Agenda proposals for next sunday can be added here:
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/SundayMeetingAgenda/
January_15th_2006

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org