[Bf-committers] point oven

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Fri Jan 13 14:34:40 CET 2006

On Friday 13 January 2006 07:18, Tom M wrote:
> point over is a unversial format for 'baked' animation data.  For each

sheesh that must be heavy

> frame the exact location of each vert is written to file.
> For export it seems it would be relatively straight forward to do.

yah, for ob in scene: for item in ob.data: write(item) .. well not quite but
anyhoo

> However for import, are there any suggestions?
> One approach would be to import the object as an object for each frame
> as is done with the fluid simulator.  However this seems like it would
> Another approach might be using Relative Vertex Keys - however I've
> heard that the number of keys is quite limited?
> Are there other approaches you can suggest?

hum. so the format does not have any keys to be used for interpolation, in a
way has like everything keyed at every frame. but not everything changes
every frame, so at least some 'constant interpolation' could be used by
having keys at the start and the end of a constant period for e.g. a vertice
location.

what about coordsysses, does the format separate between e.g. objectspace and
verticespace?

> LetterRip

~Toni