[Bf-committers] BezTriple and data format

Roland Hess rolandh at reed-witting.com
Wed Jan 11 19:12:42 CET 2006

I've been searching through both the sources and the online
documentation for a straightforward explanation of what data
representing coordinates go where in the vec[3][3] portion of the
BezTriple struct.

In particular, I'm trying to find out how exactly data from IpoCurve
points fill the array and how data from a 3D bezier curve fill it. It
could of course be worked out by gross trial and error, but I'm
hoping that someone simply knows it already. If so, and you can post
it here, I'll happily include the info in the wiki somewhere (or even
in a comment in the struct definition) so people using the struct in
the future can have something to refer to.

My guess is that it'll be something like:
vec[0][0]=x location of handle 1
vec[0][1]=y location of handle 1
vec[0][2]=z location of handle 1
vec[1][0]=x location of control point
vec[1][1]=y location of control point
vec[1][2]=z location of control point
vec[2][0]=x location of handle 2
vec[2][1]=y location of handle 2
vec[2][2]=z location of handle 2
With the vec[][2] section essentially omitted in the case of IpoCurve points.

So, anyone know for sure?
--
Roland Hess - harkyman