[Bf-committers] Upgrading OpenAL sound for 2.41???

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Wed Jan 11 03:12:26 CET 2006

> I would like to upgrade OpenAL to the latest version, at least for
> Windows, and potentially also for other platforms. Also, where does
> Linux get its 'default' OpenAL from? It doesn't look like it is in
> CVS lib folder?
> Is this OK to upgrade? Does it need to be statically, or can we go
> DLL?
> Erwin

I'm all for this.
On the way home tonight in the car, I was working on
cleaning up the SoundServer a little bit.

There are a lot of ifdef's that are all for differences in
versions of openal.  I'll hopefully have a patch tomorrow (possibly the
day after), that we could hopefully get all of the distribution makers to
test.

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein