[Bf-committers] Random IPO Generator

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Jan 10 21:19:54 CET 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 21:05, Reuben Martin wrote:
> be interested in fleshing out an idea I had for being able to generate
> random IPO curves. They're not _totally_ random, but they would allow

cool, this is in my todo for tomorrow actually - needed the finish the
switchboard animation script for the Elephants Dream

> 	for (i = 0, i < momentum, i++) do (
> 		ipo_value += step_size;
> 		if (ipo_value > max_ipo_value) then ipo_value = max_ipo_value;
> 		ipo_time += speed;
> 		set_ipo_key (ipo_value, ipo_time);
> 		)
> 	)
>
> else (
> 	for (i = 0, i < momentum, i++) do (
> 		ipo_value -= step_size;
> 		if (ipo_value < min_ipo_value) then ipo_value = min_ipo_value;
> 		ipo_time += speed;
> 		set_ipo_key (ipo_value, ipo_time);
> 		)
> 	)

i did not read the full of this, but seems surely interesting - you can see
our 'semifinal'at http://www.blender.org/~antont/makewireipos.py

in our todo is still to put like a 'wave effect' to the moving wires, a little
bit like noise .. but really soft, perhaps even just a sin ..

ipo generation is really easy, nice and fast from py it seems ..
http://orange.blender.org/blog/from-ipo-to-ipo

> So... Does this interest anybody? Suggestions?

interest += 1

> -Reuben

~Toni