[Bf-committers] Re: Bf-committers Digest, Vol 18, Issue 15

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 20:53:55 CET 2006

antont better explained what I was thinking,

a further refinement might be to have blender do a check sum when
saving. and record that checksum for each block.  Then it wouldn't
directly compare the binary data but instead the checksum.

I think it is important that we get good integration with version
management - possibly even desirable to have 'checkout' and 'checkin'
as options in the open menu.

I have some docs on the wiki related to digital asset management, see

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Competitive_Analysis/Digital_Asset_Management

and

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Competitive_Analysis/Asset_Pipeline

LetterRip