[Bf-committers] vc7.1 build,debug version crash

Gilbert, Joseph T. jgilbert at tigr.ORG
Fri Jan 6 18:22:03 CET 2006

/extern/ODE is not only out of date it's also not in the correct
directory structure and compiler paths can't be set properly.

I think that you can fix the issue by either updating ODE or by setting
some methods to take the old ODE api args.

Typically the issue is:
\blender\source\gameengine\Physics\BlOde\OdePhysicsEnvironment.cpp(39) :
error C2660: 'dHashSpaceCreate' : function does not take 1 arguments

Old mail:
http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2005-April/010369.ht
ml
http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2004-February/005319
.html

Old posts:  Usually when someone runs into this they are supposed to
disable ODE support or the gameengine to compile blender
http://blender3d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4467&highlight=&sid=f8b2fea7f
1eadd088b104df9341c7fb8
http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2435&view=next&sid=8fc8115c
e0324692393e1e6a04cd31c6

From: http://www.ode.org/ode-collision-porting.html

"""Here are the changes that need to be made to old ODE code to get it
to work with the new collision system.

   1. The dSimpleSpaceCreate() and dHashSpaceCreate() functions now take
a space argument. This argument should be set to 0 to get the old
behavior."""

Anyhow.... :)