[Bf-committers] load all children of selected objects?

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Fri Jan 6 06:07:45 CET 2006

I have been looking into the loader code, hoping to add a new feature:

   "Include Children of Selected Objects"

I generally understand how the loader is working, but am not clear about
whether the information is ordered in the file in such a way that this
calculation could be done in a single pass.

It's really frustrating to try to make a useful library of composite
objects, when at load time, the various components are (1) not included
according to hierarchy, and (2) not shown according to hierarchy like
the outliner view.  You have to resort to really annoying prefix formula
names for objects, or throw out all but the components of one composite
object.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]