[Bf-committers] Vector issues in fluidsim?

Austin Benesh bfdeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:10:08 CET 2006

Recently I was having troubles with the fluidsimulator. It would
constantly crash after 5 frames of baking. After a long and arduous
debugging session (thank heavens for Visual Studio Debug) I found the
problem was in the VC include header <vector>. The problem was that it
continually threw exceptions when a vector in elbeem extended beyond its
(msvc) range. I solved this by commenting out every
_SCL_SECURE_VALIDATE_RANGE() macro in <vector>; however, I think there
may be more of an underlying issue. If this is just my compiler, then
this is a viable solution. Thanks for any help.

 - Austin