[Bf-committers] Pretty clueless Linux threads crashing...

Kenneth Styrberg kenneth.styrberg at telia.com
Fri Feb 24 01:12:13 CET 2006

I did a quick check and the call to SDL_WaitThread() in
BLI_remove_thread(...), seems unneccesary as you check that the render
is complete with the ready flag, and at that point the thread already
exited the function! So no need to wait, it's already gone!
I tried to comment it out and it worked ok.

The function BLI_end_threads(...) does a call to SDL_WaitThread() but
that seems to be some garbage collection as that call never should be
made, unless a thread was orphened somehow?!

I don't know if this helps at all but I did some tests anyway...

Btw on windows 2000 and MSVC 6

//styken