[Bf-committers] Native path handling for blender

Andrea Weikert andrea at aweikert.de
Thu Feb 23 20:02:53 CET 2006

>couldn't we just use pythons os module and path handling code for this?
>Why are we reiventing the wheel?

>LetterRip

I don't think this can or should be done with the python os module, it's the
code that determines how filenames are stored in a .blend file.

For everyone who likes to contribute and review the plan and design of this
code, I've set up the wiki page and filled it with my first thoughts and a
preliminary API.

I'd be very happy to hear opinions and get some reviews before I actually start
this, so please feel free to leave your remarks on the wiki page.

The wiki page is here:

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php?title=BlenderDev/PathRewrite

regards,

Andrea